31 October 2023 MEM Training Package Update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has approved an extension to the transition period for nine qualifications within the manufacturing and engineering (MEM) training package.
The impacted qualifications are outlined below:
- MEM20413 Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- MEM30319 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- MEM30405 Certificate III in Engineering – Electrical/Electronic Trade
- MEM30505 Certificate III in Engineering – Technical
- MEM40412 Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting
- MEM50212 Diploma of Engineering – Technical
- MEM50311 Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
- MEM60112 Advanced Diploma of Engineering
- MEM60211 Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
ASQA has adjusted the transition timelines, extending MEM20413 to 31 January 2024 and the remaining eight qualifications to 31 January 2025.
This extension exclusively applies to students who initiated their training and assessment on or before 17 December 2023.
For the benefit of registered training organizations (RTOs), it is imperative to ensure that all students successfully conclude their training and obtain their qualifications by the stipulated end date of the transition period. Alternatively, students may opt to transition to a replacement qualification before the conclusion of the extended transition period.
ASQA’s decision to extend the transition period for these nine MEM training products results from comprehensive consultations with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and the Training Accreditation Council of Western Australia (TAC WA).
Additionally, ASQA sought guidance from the Manufacturing Industry Skills Alliance Jobs and Skills Council to ensure informed decision-making concerning these transition extensions.
February 2023 MEM Training Package 4.0
The latest version (4.0) of the MEM training package in Australia has been released last 3 February 2023. This update was made by Innovation and Business Skills Australia due to the need for major revisions in the training package.
The significant training update includes six new qualifications added and three existing ones updated, 28 new units of competency added and one updated, and 31 new imported units of competency added and three removed.
We’ve provided you the complete list of the changes to the latest MEM training package in Australia! Scroll down for more information on the training update.
What’s New with the MEM Training Package Update in Australia?
Training Updates on MEM Qualifications
- 6 qualifications added
- 3 updated
|MEM50422 – Diploma of Engineering – Non-Destructive Testing||Added|
|MEM50522 – Diploma of Engineering – Materials||Added|
|MEM50622 – Diploma of Engineering – Prototyping||Added|
|MEM50722 – Diploma of Engineering – Planning||Added|
|MEM50822 – Diploma of Applied Technologies||Added|
|MEM60322 – Advanced Diploma of Engineering – Planning||Added|
|MEM30522 – Certificate III in Engineering – Technical||Replaced MEM30522 (v1)||Compare changes|
|MEM40422 – Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting||Replaced MEM4022 (v1)||Compare changes|
|MEM80122 – Graduate Diploma of Engineering||Replaced MEM80122 (v1)||Compare changes|
Training Updates on MEM Units of Competency
- 28 units added
- 1 updated
Imported Units of Competency Training Update
- 31 units added
- 3 removed
What To Do Regarding These Major Updates
With the recent updates to the latest MEM training package, RTOs need to keep their training curriculum up to, date and students will need to take the revised courses. To stay on top of the changes in version 4.0 of the MEM training update, here’s what your RTO can do:
- Make sure your RTO is authorised to offer the latest MEM training package by updating your qualifications and units of competency.
- Keep a close eye on the 12-month transition period and ensure all learners have access to the right RTO resources during this time.
- Ensure that any students currently enrolled in removed units and qualifications complete their training within the specified period.
- Consider expanding your organisation’s range of offers by submitting a request for new, different qualifications and units of competency.
With these steps, your RTO can stay up-to-date and provide students with the latest and most comprehensive training possible.
About eSkilled e-Learning
eSkilled is committed to giving you the best training resources you can use in any training delivery setup! Provide high-end training with digital resources or modernise your training delivery with interactive e-Learning resources!
You can browse our extensive catalogue of popular MEM training packages in Australia to see what course best fits your RTO.